Saturday, November 8, 2008

NEVER FLY DELTA

Okay, update on the travel plans... I emailed Janice my travel requirements (must be in Bucharest before 3:30pm on December 27 and should not fly out of Bucharest until after 2:30pm on January 17 this is due to catching the train that takes the volunteers from Bucharest to Barlad a 4 1/2 - 5 hour train that leaves once a day!)... she sent me back an email with flights that met these requirements.. I said something along the lines of "Woo-hoo! Book those tickets!"
Well, when she called Delta to confirm the tickets she was told that it would be IMPOSSIBLE for me to make my flight out of Paris because there was only a 45 minute "lay over" & it takes at least 1 1/2 hours to change planes in Paris. Delta changed the ticket to meet THEIR requirements and I was set to arrive at 4:15pm... Ummm, no, not gonna work!

Complaint # 1 --- when you go to Delta's website and search for tickets it STILL gives you the original flight option with the 45 minutes layover... why does it show you can buy this ticket if it is IMPOSSIBLE?!?!?

Complaint #2 --- when I called Delta to attempt to change the ticket the first time I could barely understand the customer service booking agent with whom I spoke... I had to ask her to repeat herself 3 times to realize she was asking me for my confirmation number... This after being on hold for 20 minutes at 9am on a Saturday morning!

Complaint #3 --- when I called Delta back again after searching for flights that would meet GV's flight requirements (I had 3 different flight numbers that WOULD work that were being offered on Delta's website) I was told that instead of the 100,000 skymiles that were used to purchase the flight they had picked the flights I had picked would range anywhere from 117,000 skymiles to over 200,000 skymiles -- Hello?! These flights were all leaving on the same day from the same airports going the same places! -- I was not about to ask Janice for more skymiles so...

Complaint #4 --- I asked if I could change the ticket and pay the difference in cash -- again I was told NO! UGH!!! I really dislike this airline! I could buy more skymiles at 3 cents apiece which would bring the total spent for the ticket up to about $1000.. so much for a "free" ticket...

In the end we just had Janice cancel the flight and I will be buying a new ticket NOT WITH DELTA on payday...

Everyone say it with me now, "NEVER FLY WITH DELTA!" They have to be the most unreasonable company to work with in the airline industry... the only other option they offered was for me to leave on December 24 -- apparently spending Christmas with my own child shouldn't be important...

No comments: