Saturday, October 11, 2008

Finally Friday... well, Saturday

Why is it that when I try to come up with a subject title for my blog post a song always pops into my head??

FUNDRAISING UPDATE
My sister Trish and I started counting change from the school fundraiser yesterday at 1pm... a couple of friends came down and helped at 3:30... We finished counting at 5:45 --- that is a HUGE amount of change! Non-stop counting for almost 5 hours!! LOL

Sharon and another teacher begged for change in the car rider line again...

We raised a grand total of.....












$2200!!! Can you believe it?? I was in shock! I cannot wait to let the kids and their parents know what a HUGE amount they were able to raise just by everyone pulling together and donating a little!

THEN another friend, Janice (who actually started out as my mom's friend but morphed into my friend too as I grew older) volunteered to use her frequent flyer (sp?) miles to help with my plane ticket. When Mom let me know I was so excited and thought maybe it would cut my airline ticket in half --- SURPRISE, Janice must be a very frequent flyer -- she had enough frequent flyer miles to get the ticket FREE!! Woo hoo!! Thank you so much Janice!



I truly feel as if all of these blessings are God's way of giving me a little smile and nod that this is what He intended me to do!
Keep praying!!
Terri

2 comments:

Treyton Williams said...

How about more updates. The site is great.

Terri McCarter said...

Ask and ye shall receive
;-)