Monday, June 20, 2011

Arrival in Romania June 18 & 19, 2011

We arrived at the airport in Bucharest on Saturday afternoon... I am almost certain they have added on a new terminal - it was very modern! However, I try not to take a lot of pictures in foreign airports so you will just have to come to Romania to see it for yourself! We said a quick hello to 4 other team members and Dan then went outside to hop on a small van. It seated 6 in the back and 2 in the front so they had a trailer attached for our luggage. A couple of hours into the trip we stopped for dinner.. you guessed it MCDONALD'S... there is no Micky D's in Barlad so this is our last McMeal until we return.


I told you Ronald was everywhere!!



Emily spent most of the 4 1/2 hour drive listening to her iPod and
watching videos she and Chloe made before we left.



This cracked me up! A guy driving his horse drawn wagon through a gas station! Sadly the poles were in my way..

There was a phenomenal sunset but my pictures just didn't do it justice!
Our home away from home for the next 3 weeks.

The elevator is so itty bitty that Emily and I and all of our luggage wouldn't fit in at the same time! So I rode up with 3 of the bags (only to the 2nd floor) and then Emily came up after me. This (and the day we leave) will be the only time we take the elevator.

our room


view from balcony

We can see the house of the gypsy king from our window.
apartments

After a good night's rest (if you overlook the wedding party and barking dogs) we had team meetings on Sunday. Took a short (hot) walk around Barlad. Ate lunch out.
Romanians eat soup as the first course for lunch each day. Here is the soup menu from the restaurant we went to Sunday.
light fixture in the hotel that I love :-)

Patience Gertrude.. the babies are coming...

No comments: