Saturday, November 20, 2010

30 Days of Thanks -- Day 20

Today I am thankful for my beautiful daughter Emily! Every day I am thankful for her... it honestly isn't that I am just trying to find something to be thankful for.. I could be thankful for good health, safe travels, Facebook, my Sony eReader, anything but I am so proud of her and love her so much that I have to make her my blessing of the day.
I am not one of those parents who thinks their child is perfect.. I am 100% a realist -- I know what a stinker my kiddo is! When she was little I used to say I never had to worry about someone kidnapping her cause they would bring her right back in 5 -10 minutes!! But I must say Emily has so many traits that I am so happy about... she is extremely caring and empathetic. She is one of the most courageous kids I know. Today she got up in front of a huge auditorium full of hundreds of people and danced a solo competing against kids who have been dancing for YEARS! (Emily has only been dancing about a year!) She was nervous and I could see she wanted to back out seconds before taking the stage but she didn't -- she persevered and even though she didn't place I know she grew from the experience.
Well, the dear child came back into the room and now I can't concentrate!!!

No comments: