Wednesday, November 17, 2010

30 Days of Thanks -- Day 17

Grrr... how am I supposed to post a blessing when I am mad enough to spit nails?!? Breathe, breathe, focus, focus... lack of respect really pisses me off... in children it is understandable... in adult, nope -- no excuse! Okay, now that that is out of my system -- what am I thankful for today?

***thinking really hard here --- don't want this to be a generic post****

Teaching, I am thankful I am a teacher. I love seeing my students when they figure out how to do something for the first time or when they get so excited because they understand the "why" of something. Today it was great fun listening to them come up with definitions for words like confirm, valid, and ancient. Then working in our math journals so everyone understands (and remembers) what polygons are...and how the associative property of addition works. They are such little sponges who just soak up knowledge!

Today I am thankful I am a teacher.


No comments: