Saturday, April 11, 2009

FUNDRAISING & Other Info

I have begun fundraising again! YIPEE!! I have booked my next volunteer trip through Global Volunteers for Romania!! I will be arriving in Romania on July 4th and departing on August 8! I am so excited! A little nervous to be leaving Emily for 5 weeks during the summer when she doesn't have school to occupy her but she will have several vacations, cheer camp, etc to keep her busy. I think my family finally realized how serious I am about volunteering when I scheduled my trip during our annual family beach trip! I love the beach but I have to say I love volunteering with the babies more!

I sent out emails today to several friends asking for them to pass the email on.. I hope to reach as many people as possible. Not only to raise money but also to raise awareness of the poverty in this world around us!

Two weekends ago I spoke at my parents' church during both services and raised almost $600! I also realized that as much as I hate to ask for money I LOVED sharing about "my" babies!

A sweet friend, Caroline, has finished up a long stay at the Clinic. She is heading back to the States today. Her blog address is www.tutovababies.blogspot.com Visit it to see updates on the sweet kiddos! Ema and Marius are so precious with there big front teeth!! I am truly indebted to her for keeping me up-to-date on the babies (and am praying someone else steps up to the plate and starts a daily blog for those of us waiting anxiously at home for updates!!).

I also added "adsense" to my blog.. yes it is advertising BUT they will send me a check depending on how many people click the ads!! The money earned from the clicks will go right back into my Tutova fund!! :-) Click often and click happy!

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, and money!! I am so blessed and hope to pass on the blessings to the babies of Tutova Clinic!!

No comments: