Sunday, June 26, 2011

Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday was just one of those days... it had been between 95-100 degrees for the past few days, everyone was tired, and everyone was grumpy! Emily and Jane had not gotten a chance to see the newborn babies on Thursday so I offered to take them in so they could hold the babies. We went into the room and I gave Isabella to Emily. Almost immediately a nurse and aide came in and took the baby away from her and put her back in the crib. They were trying to tell us something that none of us understood.. all we understood was they were being very ugly. I tried to explain to them that the nurse yesterday had given us permission to hold the babies because there was no parent there with the babies... they didn't understand me so while Emily and Jane went upstairs I went to find Mihaela. She was in a meeting with the manager of the hospital. I explained to her what had happened, she translated for the hospital manager who immediate picked up her phone and called the floor. The nurse said that she was explaining to us "no photos" but that is soooo not what Jane and I got from her gesturing. The hospital manager and Mihaela proceeded to march down the stairs to take me back to the room. I insisted I did not want to go back in that I would just go upstairs where everything was flowing well.. I did stand there while the manager explained again that we were there to work with the babies so they didn't have to be alone and I apologized to the nurse and aide then went upstairs. Krista was the brave volunteer who went back downstairs to hold the babies. I'll go back when a different nurse is on duty!
Upstairs everyone was hot and tired as well.. good thing today was a short day!
Gabriela and Jane

Jennea, Sami, Ana-Maria, Emily
Ana-Maria and Emily

Mihaela and Krista playing airplane

Mihaela watching Emily play with Ana-Maria...

and deciding she needed to join in :-)


There was a new baby this morning. A beautiful dark blonde/light brown haired baby, chubby, ponytail on top.. we all thought it was a girl but it was a boy!! LOL Valle (sp?) He was not real happy to be there :-( Then the nurse came in and asked for someone to hold him while she put in his IV.. yikes! Jane volunteered and stayed with him until we left the hospital. I'll get some pictures of him on Monday!

No comments: