Sunday, June 7, 2009

Less than a Month...

Less than a month until I return to those sweet babies in Tutova. I am excited but also a little nervous -- things have changed in Tutova and I'll have to get used to working with a new team (WISH YOU WERE COMING ALONG Elizabeth, Evan, Kim, Laura, Rosie, and Shannon!!). Sweet little Ioana was placed in a foster care -- YEA for her, WAH for me!

This is a picture I snagged off another blog of Ioana with her new foster parents.

Other changes:
  • time of year
  • my Maria is missing still due to heart surgery
  • did I mention my friends/team won't be there??
It will be great though!! I have been dreaming about the babies every night... and cannot wait for our reunion! There are new babies for me to meet also!! That is always fun! I am flying out of Knoxville on July 3rd and will arrive back home on August 9th (3 days before I am supposed to report back to school for teacher inservice!! LOL) Five weeks of nothing but loving on babies! I think it will feel like heaven to leave all the petty junk behind here in the States.

I will miss my sweet girl though! Emily is truly a strong, independent, wonderful, young lady for allowing me to go halfway across the world to fulfill one of my lifelong dreams. A friend introduced me to this quote and I know I will treasure it dearly while I am away:

"Dear God, the only thing I ask of you is to hold her when I'm not around, when I'm much too far away. "

As always keep praying for those sweet babies and that I might do the Lord's Will while I am there!



1 comment:

Katrina Kennedy said...

What a special thing you are doing! Can you PM your address so I can send baby bottle liners for you to take with you?