Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fundraiser Idea

Tuesday, April 28 we are having an Appalachian Day celebration at school. I am going to have an area there for a game.. maybe called "Gathering Eggs" -- kinda goes with the them of self-sufficiency in the mountains.. Anyway here is the idea:

Gathering Eggs

I bought around 400 pre-filled eggs at Walmart this afternoon (clearanced to $1.20 for 12 -- $58.10 with tax). I will place these eggs in a HUGE box with a cover on it. Kids will pay $1.00 to "gather" an egg. Prizes are the dinky, el cheapo prizes that were already in the egg BUT also there will be several eggs with FREE SLUSHY coupons (we sell slushies at school for $1.00 so that is an even trade) and a few eggs will hold $5 bills! What do ya think?? Think that will entice the kiddos to play?? This is one of those everyone wins games!! LOL If the kids buy all 400 eggs I still should make a nice profit to help with the Romania trip...


ALSO.. I got a call from a friend with the Pigeon Forge Rotary Club.. I will be doing a presentation for them on June 3 and they will take up money afterwards!! YIPEE!!


Keep praying for me!

No comments: