Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Success at last!

Today I received permission from my principal to run a fundraiser at school which we are calling: "Change for Babies" I was thinking along the lines of diaper changes, change=money.. okay it was late at night when I came up with the name.. ANYWAY...

Starting tomorrow the classes in my school (38 in all) will begin bringing in "change" (although I assured them dollar bills worked just fine too) to donate to my trip to Tutova Clinic. We will raise funds through October 10 and the class that raises the most money will receive a pizza party from my dear friends, Phil and Nicole of StoneHouse Pizza--the best pizza this side of LeConte! ;-)

I am so excited! Also, Phil and Nicole are hosting a benefit spaghetti dinner on Wednesday, October 8. Spaghetti, 2 breadsticks, and a fountain drink for $7... kids for $5...

Things are really beginning to look up! Oh BTW I also applied for my passport yesterday!!
Woo, woo -- 88 days until I arrive in Romania!!

No comments: